The Relocation Bureau

Removal Services


Using the same removal company for everything is never a good idea. Shipping rates vary widely, and many companies are only fully efficient in a limited range of origin and destination pairs. We always seek competitive quotations from our panel of FIDI members for each international move, ensuring that our clients get the best possible price for each move. Our teams of specialists can ship your household goods, move your pets and other animals, and we also ship horses! Within Europe, we even can provide a door-to-door hand held car and ferry trip for nervous pets who’d hate flying! Can we help you with your removal needs? If so



Please review this section if you need further information about planning and carrying out your move.

If you've never moved to the UK before, please review our handy hints on 'What To Bring with You'.

If you have a pet or animal to move, please review our section on pets.

Moving a car? Look at our 'Vehicle Imports' section.

Before seeking removal quotations you'll need to know exactly what you want to move and how you want it moved. Long distance moves can take several weeks by sea so you may also wish to have a small shipment sent by air freight. Look at our advice on 'Transit Times'. If your move is being paid for by your employer be sure to check your company's relocation policy to see if there are any limits on weight or volume.

Ready for quotes? Be sure you've checked out our notes on 'Preparing For Your Removal Survey'. Please contact us to arrange your removal quotes.


For advice about what happens on the day check out our 'Packing and Unpacking' section below. We'd also strongly recommend that you read our information on 'Removal Insurance'.

For general background information about the removal industry please see 'Professional Removal Associations'.

Remember that we're here to help you. Please don't hesitate to ask for advice. Good luck with your move.


You will be able to bring the majority of your belongings with you without having to worry about rules, regulations and different standards and specifications.

Electrical appliances, pets and vehicles all fall into the 'concern' category. Click on the hyperlinks below for information on what you need to do.

Electrical appliances may have a different voltage. Most small appliances can be bought relatively cheaply in the UK. If you choose to bring larger and more expensive appliances you will need a transformer to enable them to work on the UK power supply.

Due to the UK quarantine laws you will need to look at our pet section.

As vehicles must conform to the EU technical specifications you will need to check our vehicles information but please keep in mind that many vehicles can be modified in the UK.

Customs and Excise also have a clearly defined list of prohibited goods which you must not attempt to bring into the UK. Please check our information for Prohibited Goods.

Basic Guidelines On What Not To Pack

The following items should not be packed and included in your shipment, some of which are on the Prohibited Goods list.

Items Reason for not Packing
Inflammable or corrosive items Dangerous Goods
Guns or ammunition Prohibited Goods
Foodstuffs Prohibited Goods
Plants Prohibited Goods
Wines & Spirits No duty-free entitlement for an unaccompanied shipment
Used Computer Ink-Jet Cartridges They may leak so take only new sealed cartridges
Stamp or coin collections of high value Risk of Theft. These should be kept with you and not packed for shipment
Jewellery, cash or other valuables Risk of Theft. These should be kept with you and not packed for shipment
UK Customs Requirements

The UK Customs and Excise website has information which provides specific information for international moves to the UK.

Your removal company will provide you with all required UK Customs forms and documentation.

For general customs information you can access the UK Revenue and Customs website.


A survey will be arranged with you by the removal company at a mutually convenient time.

The surveyor will need to know what is to be moved to your new home and how it is to be transported. If you need help on deciding what to ship to the UK please review our handy hints on 'What To Bring With You'.

There may also be items that you want to store rather than ship. You will need to decide all this before the survey visit.

If your move is being paid for by your employer, be sure to check your company's relocation policy to see if there are any limits on weight or volume and let the surveyor know.

Please make certain that you point out to the surveyor any valuable or delicate items that may need special attention e.g. individual wrapping or special packing crates.

Packing For Your Move

Ask the surveyor what packing standards they use and be specific about any special requirements to ensure that these are included in the quotation.

Unless you absolutely must reduce the removal cost, we'd strongly recommend that you let your chosen removal company pack all your shipment. Claims for damage to self-packed items may be rejected by the removal company's insurers. See our notes on Removal Insurance.

As a guide, a full export pack means that all items of furniture are packed in a 6-ply paper blanket, china and glass are wrapped in white paper and safely cushioned in the appropriate carton.

Mattresses and pictures have special packs and clothes and linens are flat packed with hanging clothes in standard wardrobe cartons.

Fragile items may have the added protection of bubble wrap, with a specially made wooden crate if necessary.

Access Restrictions - If there are any access restrictions at either property you will need to warn the removal company. It saves costs if the removal van can park close to your property.

Extra Services - If you require any extra services from your remover, such as arranging the cleaning of your property when you leave, please remember to ask the surveyor as these can be included in your quotation.

Weekend And Holiday Working - Please advise your surveyor if you need to have a removal crew work at the weekend or on a Bank Holiday. Additional charges are normally payable.

Importing Pets & Horses

If you are bringing your pets and horses into the UK you will need to be aware of the rules and procedures for dogs and cats, horses, and other animals. In addition to the information on this web site, the Department for Environment Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA) website has an extensive section on Bringing Pets into Britain that you will find useful.

Smuggling of an animal into Britain is a criminal offence and carries severe penalties which may include any work permit or residence permit being revoked. Don't be tempted!

A quick overview is provided for each category of animal below with links to other pages that provide the detailed information.

Please contact The Relocation Bureau if you need advice and assistance or if you have an unusual pet.

Dogs & Cats

You can enter or return to the UK with your pet cat, dog or ferret without quarantine if you follow certain rules. The rules for entering the UK are the same for other EU countries.

You need a pet passport for your dog, cat or ferret if you prepare your pet for travel from within the EU. You’ll need to take your pet, its identity and vaccination records and any rabies blood test results (if you have them) when you get a pet passport.

You’re responsible for any fees or charges if you don’t follow the pet travel rules. Your pet has to travel within 5 days of you, or someone else you’ve authorised (this must be in writing). If no one can travel within 5 days of your pet, you must follow different rules.

Any breeds of dog bred for fighting will not under any circumstances be allowed into Britain. To ensure that your breed of dog is not on the Banned List please see the link below.


The rules for importing horses or related animals vary depending on which country the animal’s coming from.

Any horse or related animal you import from an EU country must have a valid passport and the relevant import checks and controls. If your animal doesn’t have a passport, you must apply for one within 30 days of it clearing customs. You could get an unlimited fine if you don’t do this.

Other Animals

There are no restrictions on bringing pet rodents, rabbits, birds, ornamental fish, invertebrates, amphibians and reptiles to the UK from other EU countries.

Pet rabbits and rodents from countries outside the EU must spend 4 months in quarantine and a rabies report licence is required.

Transporting your Pet by Air

The crate in which your pet is travelling must meet International Air Transport Association (IATA) standards.

This means it must be large enough to allow your pet to stand in a natural position, turn around and lie down. The airline will advise you or your agents on the correct size of crate.

Your pet must travel in the freight compartment as ‘manifest cargo’ and not as excess or passenger baggage.

Your pet will not be allowed to travel with you in the passenger cabin under any circumstances. It is your responsibility to ensure that this condition is met.

British Airways has an excellent reputation for carrying animals with the care and attention that you would expect and is often used by clients of The Relocation Bureau.

They will ensure that your animal is in an appropriate crate and will replace inappropriate crates if necessary. Their FLY TOGETHER service allows owners and pets to travel together on the same service and their UNACCOMPANIED service is for pets travelling under the supervision of their experienced cargo staff.


To bring your pet (dog, cat or ferret) into the UK you need a pet passport.

Your pet can be refused entry into the UK or put into quarantine if the pet passport is not in order or you have not complied with the pet travel rules.

The maximum quarantine period is 4 months and in order to be released from quarantine your pet must meet all the conditions of the pet travel scheme, except where they relate to rabies. Pets will continue to be vaccinated against rabies on arrival in quarantine.

If your pet needs to go into quarantine you are responsible for meeting all the expenses associated with the landing, transit and quarantine of your pet, including the costs of an authorised carrying agent to transport your pet to the quarantine premises of your choice.

In considering the costs of quarantine, you should also note that the period of detention may, in exceptional circumstances, be extended in the event of:

  • In considering the costs of quarantine, you should also note that the period of detention may, in exceptional circumstances, be extended in the event of:
  • if your animal shares accommodation with one that dies

You would have to meet the cost of any extended period of quarantine.

There are similar rules that apply for bringing a horse into the UK, however, you could face an unlimited fine if you do not have a valid horse passport.

Vehicle Imports

Do you really need to bring your vehicle to the UK?

Some points to think about:

  • Left-hand drive vehicles are fine on the motorway and on major roads but can be dangerous when used on narrow UK lanes where high sided hedges may hinder the driver's vision.
  • Shipping and Individual Vehicle Approval testing and modification costs can make it uneconomic to bring cars from outside Europe. For more information please go to:
  • When later sold in the UK left-hand drive cars are lower than market.

The procedures for importing a vehicle to the UK for your own use are summarised below and explained in detail in these two government websites.

The DfT (Department for Transport) explains how to import your vehicle into Great Britain (GB)

The DVLA (Driver Vehicle Licensing Agency) is also an invaluable source of information for importing a vehicle. You will need to Register and Licence your vehicle with the DVLA.

The Relocation Bureau will be pleased to help our clients with their vehicle imports.

An Overview of the Procedures

All vehicles must adhere to precise technical specification.

For imports from the EU an 'EU Certificate of Conformity' will be required to show compliance with EU technical requirements. You can get this certificate from your supplying dealer, or the manufacturer.

For imports from outside the EU an Individual Vehicle Approval (IVA) test will need to be passed. For information on the scope of the IVA test and location of IVA testing stations please visit:

All relevant Revenue and Customs documents and procedures must be completed. The vehicle will need to be registered and licenced in the UK if you plan to stay for more than 6 months in any 12 month period.

All documents will need to be presented to complete the Vehicle Registration process.

Please be aware that when you arrive in the UK with your vehicle you can only drive it from the port of entry to your home address or to and from a pre-arranged IVA/MoT test location and for any subsequent remedial work. The vehicle must then be kept off the road until all licensing and registration formalities are completed.

Licensing and Registration Formalities

New Imported Vehicle

For the first registration of a brand new imported vehicle you need to use form V55/4.

First Registration Fee £55
Vehicle Tax (Road Fund License) The annual standard rates are between £20 and £515 according to engine size, CO2 Emission Figures and fuel source.
Current Certificate of Motor Insurance Please see our Motor Insurance section
Paying VAT and Duty HM Revenues and Customs (HMRC) will tell you if VAT or Duty is payable after you tell them you have imported a vehicle.
Evidence of Type Approval (for non-EU imports) or EU Certificate of Conformity For imports from outside the EU the vehicle must pass an Individual Vehicle Approval (IVA) test.
Declaration of Newness Normally the sale invoice
Evidence showing the vehicle was collected. Travel ticket to the place of collection e.g. air ticket to Dublin

Used Imported Vehicle

For the first registration of a used imported vehicle you need to use form V55/5.

Registration Fee £55
Vehicle Tax (Road Fund License) The annual standard rates are between £20 and £515 according to engine size, CO2 Emission Figures and fuel source.
Current Certificate of Motor Insurance Please see our Motor Insurance section
Paying VAT and Duty HM Revenues and Customs (HMRC) will tell you if VAT or Duty is payable after you tell them you have imported a vehicle.
Evidence of Type Approval (for non-EU imports) or EU Certificate of Conformity For imports from outside the EU the vehicle must pass an Individual Vehicle Approval (IVA) test.
Evidence to determine the age of the vehicle Foreign registration document or letter from manufacturer
MOT Certificate Vehicles more than 3 years old must pass an MOT test.

All Things Electrical

When considering what to bring remember that the UK supply is 240 volts AC and the supply frequency is 50 cycles per second (or 50Hz). Appliances that operate on 110 volts will require adaptor plugs, converters, or a transformer.

In all cases it will be prudent to take expert advice, especially for larger appliances. See below for further information for TVs, Videos, Audio systems, and Computer equipment.

The UK uses an electrical plug with 3 square pins (the third pin is for the Earth or Ground wire). UK plugs contain a removable fuse with a 3, 5 or 13 amp rating applicable to the appliance.


By all means bring light fittings, or table and standard lamps with you, but don't bring 110 volt bulbs - they'll explode! UK light bulbs are usually bayonet fitting, although some lighting units take screw fitting (Edison) bulbs. Many specialist lighting shops stock a range of Edison screw bulbs.

For safety, metal lamps are best rewired with 3-core cable so that the metal base can be earthed or grounded.

Household Appliances

The cost of transformers means it may not be economical to bring small items such as hairdryers, irons and toasters, as they can be purchased at a reasonable price in the UK. One major UK home appliance retailer is Currys, please see below to get an idea of UK home appliance prices.

It can be worth bringing larger items which won't move once in place.

Check out the available space in your new home before deciding whether to ship fridges, freezers, washing machines and dryers. Most European appliances fit into a standard size "hole" which is 600mm (roughly 2 feet) wide and about the same deep. Plumbing and waste connections are different, but can usually be worked around.

Computer Equipment

If you are travelling overseas with a laptop or desktop computer chances are you won't need a voltage converter. Most laptops are multi-voltage and will operate on voltages ranging from 100 to 240 volts. Most desktops are dual voltage and can be switched to operate on either 110/120 or 220/240 volts. Check your computer for a switch to change from 110/120V to 220/240V.

Most internal and external modems will work fine in the UK. You'll need an adapter to convert your jack to the standard UK phone jack. These are easily obtainable. If your modem has a fully detachable cable, its often cheaper to just replace the cable, buying an RJ45 male to UK male cable for use in the UK.

Stereo and Audio Equipment

To use your Stereo and Audio equipment in the UK you will need a Transformer to convert the electrical supply to match that required for your equipment.

UK supply frequency is 50 Hertz. Older systems designed solely to work at 60 Hertz may not play records, tapes or CD's at the correct speed.

The bandwidth of European FM radio stations is much narrower than in North America - many European stereos increase in 25 KHz steps (i.e. 98.000 MHz, then 98.025 MHz) rather than 100 KHz steps (98.0 MHz, then 98.1 MHz). Older US stereos will work, but in some areas you may get co-channel interference and hear two radio stations at once.

TV's and DVD Players

The UK TV transmissions are digital.

Older analogue TV's and recorders will not work in the UK. Foreign TVs and DVD players do not work in the UK because of the various systems used throughout the world but it is possible to buy a multi-spec TV in the US before coming to the UK.

If you have young children who are very fond of certain children's CD’s, then by all means bring your current TV and CD player with you and use it solely for playing pre-recorded CD’s. You'll need a transformer for power, otherwise, we'd suggest that you leave your TV and CD player behind.

There is no easy way to explain the differences but the technical specification of TV in your country and the UK is explained briefly by these two tables. They are extracts from the EE Surrey website, and an explanation of the 'TV Code' in the first table is provided in the second table.

Country TV Code Colour Stereo Subtitles
United Kingdom I PAL Nicam TeleText
Austria B/G PAL FM-FM Teletext
Belgium B/G PAL Nicam Teletext
Denmark B PAL Nicam TeleText
Finland B/G PAL Nicam TeleText
France E/L SECAM TeleText
Germany B/G PAL FM-FM TeleText
Ireland I PAL Nicam TeleText
Italy B/G PAL FM/FM TeleText
Netherlands B/G PAL FM-FM TeleText
Norway B/G PAL Nicam
South Africa I PAL
Spain B/G PAL Nicam TeleText
Sweden B/G PAL Nicam Teletext
Switzerland B/G PAL FM-FM TeleText
Code Frames Scan Lines Freq. Band Sound Offset Vision Modulation In Use
B 25 625 VHF +5.5MHz Neg Yes
E 25 819 VHF +11MHz Neg No
G 25 625 UHF +5.5MHz Neg Yes
I 25 625 UHF +6.0MHz Neg Yes
L 25 625 UHF +6.5Mhz Pos Yes
M 30 (29.97) 525 VHF/UHF +4.5MHz Neg Yes
Transformer Advice

Step-down transformers are easily available for all electrical equipment with a rated power consumption of up to 1.5 Kilowatts (that’s 1500W or 1500VA).

Most step down transformers come with either one or two US-style outlets built into the unit. The cheapest type of step down transformers use electronics to "clip" the sine wave of the supply frequency and so producing the lower output voltage. Be warned that this type of step down device will not power anything containing an AC motor, for these, a full (i.e. fully wound, heavy) step down transformer is needed.

When deciding which size of step down device to use, check the wattage (1 Watt is the same as 1 Volt Ampere, or rather 1W = 1VA) of the appliance that you intend to connect. The step down device rating should exceed this.

Packing & Unpacking

Packing Up

The removal company will arrange their arrival time with you. Packing a large shipment can take two or three days and you removal company should give you a schedule that shows how many days will be needed for packing and unpacking.

When the crew arrive make sure to show the crew foreman exactly which goods are to be packed. If there's more than one shipment, split things clearly into "DO NOT PACK", "air", "sea" and "store". Please point out items of particular concern i.e. high value items and all items which need special handling or packing.

The packers will be very grateful if you provide them with tea, coffee or soft drinks during the day.

Make sure that you put your personal effects and luggage to one side to ensure that they are not accidentally loaded onto the van or container.

At this time it’s a very good idea to check that you have all your travel documents safely in your personal luggage.

The supervisor will make an inventory of the items packed e.g. a carton of china, but not of each individual item.

When you are happy with the inventory it will be signed by you and the foreman as a receipt for the items being shipped.

Also.... make your own inventory for insurance purposes. See our Removal Insurance advice.

When everything is loaded onto the van or container check to make sure nothing has been missed.

Remember to check the garden, any outbuildings, the basement and the roof space.


Your removal company will arrange a date and time for delivery to your new address. When your furniture arrives at your new address the packing crew will unload the van or container. It would be advisable for you to be at your new home to tell the removers where to put each item.

If you're using our relocation services we can arrange with you to attend the unpacking on your behalf so as to free you from this chore.

The crew will unpack the shipment and remove all packing materials. We'd strongly recommend that the whole shipment is unpacked by the crew.

If you wish any crates to be left until you are ready to unpack them yourself you should arrange a time for the removal company to collect the remaining packing materials. There may be an additional charge for this. Please also be aware that if you unpack the shipment yourself at a later date, it may be difficult or even impossible to make a satisfactory insurance claim for any damaged items that you subsequently discover.

Damage & Insurance Claims

If you find that any damage has occurred during transit inform the removal company immediately.

You'll need to complete a claim form. It’s at this point that all your work on compiling a good shipment inventory will start to pay off.

Don't be surprised or offended when the insurers try to pay out as little as possible - they're trying to make a profit. If you run into problems or think that you're being unfairly treated, then please let us know.

If you are unhappy with the service you have been provided with then tell the removal company immediately. If you are unhappy with their response please inform us and we will do our best to rectify the situation.

In the unlikely event of a dispute
BAR offers a Conciliation Service to help you reach a solution with its member removal company. If the Conciliation Service is unable to resolve a disagreement with a member, the customer may refer it to the BAR's Arbitration Service which is independently operated by the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.

Transit Times

Air Shipments

Goods sent by air freight are often available for delivery between three and five days after despatch. In many parts of the world air freight is often sent by truck to the nearest international airport with direct flights; this can add two to three days to the shipment time.

Road & Sea Shipments

Removal shipments to and from most areas of Western Europe are normally carried out by packing into a removal van, which then travels directly to the destination.

Long distance removals usually involve packing your goods into a container, which is then trucked to the port of departure and loaded onto a ship. Once the shipment clears customs it is then trucked to your new residence, or to the removal company's storage facility.

Sample transit times for your move are shown below:

Area / Country Shipping Method Transit Time
Europe: France, etc Direct Shipment 2-3 days
Central Europe Sea Shipment 3-5 days
USA / Canada Sea Shipment 4-8 weeks
Australia Sea Shipment 10-12 weeks
Asia Sea Shipment 6-8 weeks
North Africa Sea Shipment 4-6 weeks
South Africa Sea Shipment 5-11 weeks

Removal Insurance

The removal company quotation will include its insurance cover quote, normally as a percentage of the value of the goods being shipped.

All BAR members (see Professional Associations for details on BAR) provide an insurance policy to an agreed minimum standard. BAR uses a panel of insurance brokers whom it recognises as being specialists in removal insurance and whose services it recommends.

Completing the Proposal Forms

Your shipment will not be insured by the removal company unless you have completed a proposal form.

It is advisable to assess your home contents carefully for valuation purposes. Estimate the replacement cost in the UK to ensure full cover.

Be as specific as possible when listing the value of items for insurance purposes. Many insurance companies have pre-printed proposal forms that allow you to list items room by room. The pre-printed form makes it easy to group things together with an overall value but in our experience this makes it difficult to claim for a single item.

For instance, say you have 5 pictures in your main living room. One is a real gem by an up and coming artist and is worth £4500. The other four are prints worth only around £100 each. On the pre-printed proposal form you list 5 pictures as having a total value of £5000. In the event of a claim the pictures would be assumed by the underwriters to be worth £1000 each. If your best picture was ruined, you'd be £3500 down.

Make Your Own Inventory

We strongly recommend that rather than use the insurer’s pre-printed proposal forms you prepare a detailed inventory of everything that you're going to ship or store.

For each item worth over £50, try and record the date and place of purchase and purchase price as well as its current value. We'd recommend that you photograph everything worth over £500. We know that this is time-consuming, but please believe that it is worth the effort.

Attach your inventory to the proposal form and make sure that you keep a copy of it. If your inventory is on your PC that's being shipped, write the inventory to a floppy disk and put it in your hand luggage. Clients using our relocation services are invited to email their inventory to us for storage on our server.

If any of your belongings are going into storage please ensure that they are covered by appropriate insurance for both the removal to store, and the time spent in store. Check that the storage insurance includes fire cover.

Professional Removal Associations

Removal companies often belong to a number of trade associations. Each trade association has a logo bearing their initials and the main associations which are detailed below for convenience are BAR, FIDI, and Fedemac. We also describe QSS and its quality standard.

BAR - The British Association of Removers

BAR was formed in 1900 and is a trade association that "represents leading removals and storage companies throughout Great Britain and the rest of Europe."

All BAR members are required to register training records of all their staff and all members must employ a minimum of 50% staff trained in basic removals.

Members are inspected to ensure that they are operationally and financially sound. They must also follow good practice guidelines, which include:

  • The use of approved contract conditions.
  • The availability of approved insurance.
  • An agreement to use the BAR conciliation service in the event of a dispute.
  • An independent arbitration service, operated by the Institute of Arbitrators.
  • Making a domestic emergency guarantee available to customers. This provides you with a 90 day guarantee against unexpected risks such as the inability to complete the move on the prearranged date, mains service problems etc. It provides protection against the conventional disasters of moving day. Ask your removal company for details of the scheme.
  • The use of packing cartons capable of being recycled.
  • Observing the BAR code of practice.

If you wish to know any more about BAR or are unhappy about any aspect of a move undertaken by a BAR member, you should contact:

The British Association of Removers, Tangent House, 62 Exchange Road, Watford, Herts, WD18 0TG

Tel: +44 (0)1923 699480
Fax: +44 (0)1923 699481

FIDI - Federation Internationale des Demenageurs Internationaux

FIDI is a sort of international "trade association of trade associations", and represents one national association per country. Individual removal companies can only be accredited by FIDI if they are members of their own country's national association. BAR is the national association member of FIDI for the UK.

In order to be an accredited FIDI member a removal company must satisfy 16 parameters which cover all aspects of the removal business. When the removal company has been accredited they will receive the FAIM (FIDI Accredited International Mover) standard. This is the only quality standard dedicated to the international moving industry. The removal company is audited by an independent consultant who will spend a day going through all aspects of its operations to check compliance with the FAIM requirements. The inspection is conducted every two years.

The advantages of working with a FIDI agent include:

  • Meeting strict membership criteria covering financial and operational structure.
  • Professionally trained staff with special emphasis on overseas moving.
  • Specialist insurance cover for maximum protection.
  • Complaints handling - if you cannot resolve a dispute with a FIDI affiliate, the national Member Association will intervene.
  • Ability to work with another FIDI agent at destination.

FIDI can be contacted at:

FIDI Global Alliance, Blvd Louis Schmidt 29 B 1, 1040 Brussels, Belgium

Tel: +32 (0)2426 5160
Fax: +32 (0)2426 5523

Fedemac - The Federation of European Moving Associations

FEDEMAC is a lobbying organisation that "represents the interests of around 3460 Professional Moving Companies in 13 European Countries."

FEDEMAC co-ordinates national activities at a European level. It lobbies on key issues likely to affect the European mover and keeps the industry informed of impending legislation.

FEDEMAC can be contacted at:

FEDEMAC, European Movers, Schulstrasse 53, D-65795 Hattersheim, Germany

Tel: +49 (0)6190 989811
Fax: +49 (0)6190 989820

QSS - Quality Assured Service Standards

QSS is certified in the UK "as an assessor of the quality standard BS EN 12522 administered by the British Standards Institute."

This quality standard is aimed specifically at furniture removals for the private individual. We're advised that "a removal company with this quality standard will have to demonstrate their ability to meet its stringent standards on a daily basis."